Tuesday, January 17, 2012

His Eyes...the Rest of the Story

There is just a little bit more to the story that I want to share here.  It continues on the next day, Sunday.    As I sat there at church with my three oldest boys, partaking of the Sacrament, listening to the testimonies, and feeling the wonderful spirit that was there that day, my thoughts turned back to Bryce and his eyes.  First the scared, pleading eyes.  I thought of how many times in our lives we have looked to our Heavenly Father with eyes similar to those eyes.  Pleading eyes and a voice that calls up to him, begging him to help us make it through whatever our current struggle is, to help us find the peace, to help us breathe so that we can make it through just this one more trial.

And when He does, and everything is safe and peaceful again...do we go back and thank him with a voice as loud and strong as Bryce's eyes were that day in the rocking chair as he thanked me?  

I obviously still have so much to learn.  It is however amazing to me how much one little non-verbal boy can teach me in such a short period of time!  Thank you Bryce.

No comments: