Tuesday, January 31, 2012

All About Annalise

Since Bryce has been stealing the show here a little bit lately, I decided to let you in on what is going on with Annalise.  I'll tell you what, this little girl has more personality in that little 2 yr old body than most people I know.  She keeps us laughing with all she says and does.  I absolutely love to just sit and play with her.  She has a fantastic imagination.

I guess she decided that my drink looked better than hers. 

This is right after she cut her bangs.  Luckily you couldn't really see where she did it.  

She and Bryce in one of their favorite places.  The pod of our "relatively" new Zigo bike.  They love going for bike rides where they can sit on the front of the bike and see everything that is happening in front of them!  This picture was taken a few months ago when it was a bit warmer! 

Annalise also loves painting her nails.  She has to do it herself and although her fingers get a bit pink in the process, her nails always look beautiful!


Even with 4 brothers, she is such a girly girl!

One morning I had to run to the grocery store and I decided to let her play in Basha's play area.  She loved it!  Didn't want to leave, so the lady there picked her up and carried her over to the bakery and got her a cookie.  Then she was perfectly happy to get into the cart and eat her cookie as we left the store.  

Mmmm!

Another new found love of hers is "cream" as she calls it.  She first had some on her pie at Thanksgiving and she has been hooked ever since.  Shortly thereafter, her dad introduced her to the "straight from the can to the mouth" approach and she has taken to it quite nicely.  In October, she had lost weight, so we have been doing  various things to help get the calories into her.  She had a follow up appointment with the nutritionist last week and she is up 1.6 lbs!  She has come from below the charts up to the 10th percentile!  Hooray for Cream!  


She often tells us that we are being too loud and then covers her ears or

tells us to Shhhh!


Here we are in our latest vehicle...a minivan!  Who would have thought that our search for the right vehicle over the last couple of years would lead us right back to the same type of car we were driving before...only a bit modified.  I'll update you on our latest vehicle happenings soon, but this post isn't about cars, it's about an adorable girl and her brothers!

This picture just melts my heart!  Bryce and Annalise both love books.  Here I was reading this book to Bryce and I had to leave for a minute.  When I came back I saw that Annalise had gotten herself over to Bryce and was turning the pages for him and "reading" the story.  Too sweet!

She can be sweet and girly, but this girl never turns down a chance to play in the dirt!

Here she is sitting on her new froggy potty.  I have no idea if she will be able to be potty trained or not, but she has been telling me when she has a dirty diaper and has shown interest in sitting on the potty, so I decided that we might as well give it a try.  I will be thrilled if she is able to potty train!  

I have to share a funny story about this potty.  When we bought it, there was this one and one other just like it and she wanted them both.  I tried to convince her that she only needed one potty, but she insisted that I get both of them.  So, I finally put both, exactly the same, froggy potties into the cart.  As we began moving on to something else, she completely forgot about the potty and I carefully returned the extra one to the shelf.  She had no idea and was totally fine...until we got to the check out line.  She saw me put the one potty up and asked, "where other froggy potty?"  Oh no!  So I told her that we were only going to get one because that was all we needed.  She then began crying, "I need 2 froggy potties" over and over the whole time we were checking out.  Finally the lady there gave her a sticker and everything was okay.

That is until we got home and she realized again that only one potty had come home with us.  Then she said, "where baby froggy?  Baby froggy at store"  She then pointed to her potty and said, "mommy froggy, baby froggy not here,"  in a very sad voice.  I then realized that I had brought the mommy home and left the baby in the store.  No wonder she was so upset!  Luckily she is happy now to sit on the mommy froggy potty, even though the baby is not here.  Hopefully I haven't scarred her for life! :{

This particular day, she and I were the only ones home at the time and I was having fun talking and playing with her.  She was in such a silly mood.  It was so fun!  Here she is showing me her mouth.  She wanted me to take a picture so that she could see her own mouth.

This is what happens when you have 4 older brothers and you think you need to be wrestling right along with them.  She got this rug burn one night while playing with her brothers.  A day or so later, while she and I were in the car, she picked the scab off, held it out to me, and said, "here Mommy!"  It was then covered with a bandaid so that she couldn't get to it and it could heal.

Being silly!

She often pretends she is a dog.  Here she is licking her walker.  She thought that was funny too!

Here she is being brave and letting go of her walker.  We count while she stands.  We can usually get up to about 10 now.

After playing with me for a while, she then said, "I go sleep now."  and leaned back on her walker with her eyes closed.

A few seconds later she opened her eyes and said, "I awake!"  She is seriously a crack up.  

She is huge into pretend play.  Everything is mommy/baby or daddy/baby.  One morning I went in to get her out of bed and she looked up at me and said, "Hi Mommy doggie!"  Another morning I went in and said good morning and she looked up at me and said, "two eyeballs!"  Yeah, you never know what is going to come out of that little girl's mouth, but it usually makes me smile!

If you haven't ever gotten a chance to hang out with this girl, you really should!  It will make your day!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

She has gotten so big. I can't wait to see her this summer! What a cutie!

Ann said...

Very sweet post. Thanks for sharing all about Annalise. :)

Gr8Life said...

Funny Sweet Baby Girl♥

Katy said...

She is growing up so much, Tammy! I love all of the personality. We wish could see her. She is so beautiful.